(Posted on behalf of Bloodworks Northwest)
‘Tis the season for cookies and milk, and that ever-important blood donation. During the holiday season, donations decline about 20% — with people busy at social events, high schools and colleges on break, vacations, travel, and family gatherings. When it comes to patient needs, however, demand for blood is continuous. While families in our community are surrounded by togetherness, gratitude, and generosity, it’s critical to keep our blood supply safe and reliable for those who need help.
All types needed! Invite friends, family, and coworkers to donate with you and make a huge impact! Walk-ins welcome around scheduled donors! We hope to see you there!
- Day: Monday, December 16
- Time: 9 am to 3 pm
- Where: Tumwater Wal-Mart (5900 Littlerock Road SW, Tumwater)
- REGISTER: Make an appointment!
- Don’t forget: Eat something substantial (before and after you donate), stay hydrated, bring your photo ID or donor card, no aspirin products 48 hours prior to donating platelets
You must be 18 or older to enter Raffles/Sweepstakes/Giveaways.
- Bleed For The Blue & Green: Donors can opt in to a raffle for Seahawks’ swag Tell the registrar you are donating for Bleed for the Blue and Green. Prizes through July 30, 2020.
- Holiday Cards and Gift Tags: Donors receive holiday cards and gift tags to use over the holiday season. Cards and tags feature blood donation as a gift. Ends December 31, 2019, while supplies last.
- Bold For Blood & You: Donors can opt in to enter a raffle for prizes that are all about taking care of YOU, the donor. Tell the registrar you are donating for B4BY. Ends January 31, 2020.
- Student/Student Group Blood Drive Incentive: Know a student looking for ways to earn a scholarship? Students can host a blood drive over the winter break and earn money for school!