Connect with HR
The Human Resources team is here to help you throughout the hiring process. We provide the tools and customized service you need to recruit the best talent. Our goal is a consistent, fair process with clear communication.
REVIEW JOB DESCRIPTION
- Ensure it accurately reflects the duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position.
- Contact Heidi Westfall in HR if you need to make changes to the job description.
Write POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT & Publicize
- Complete the Job Opening Authorization (JOA) form and submit it to HR for review and approval. HR will post the position on EdJobsNW and any sites you list on the JOA. Contact HR to get approval if you want to recruit applicants internally.
- Contact Communications if you want to develop a social media campaign for recruitment.
- Attach supplemental questions that you would like to ask on the job application (if any) to the JOA.
- Review Screening and Interview Guidelines.
- Develop screening content (HR can assist you).
- Select screeners (more than 1 is preferable).
- Screener(s) review Applicant Screening FAQs.
- Average scores to determine top candidates.
- Complete Interview Detail Form and return to HR with screening criteria 5 days prior to the interview.
Prepare to Interview
- Identify interview team.
- Develop interview questions with scoring criteria and submit to HR for review.
- Book interview room.
- Schedule interview using the Personnel Selection Form (HR can assist you).
- Use the same team and questions for each candidate.
- Secure signature from each interviewer using the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Complete Personnel Selection Form and Candidate Rating Form.
- Review Reference Checking Guide.
- Complete professional reference checks utilizing the Employment Reference Form (3 is preferable).
SUBMIT MATERIALS TO HR
- Personnel Selection Form and Candidate Rating Form
- Interview questions and notes
- Interview team Confidentiality Agreement
- Reference checking materials
- Get approval from the HR department before offering the job.
- Choose whether you or the HR department will make the job offer.
- Contact the other people who were interviewed to let them know they weren't hired after your candidate has accepted the offer.
- Identifies applicant.
- Emails to HR:
- Applicant name and phone number.
- Position and location.
- Hours and days.
- Desired start date.
- End date of assignment.
- Provides applicant with application and disclosure statement.
- Reviews application and disclosure statement for approval.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation and fingerprinting (if applicable).
- Notifies hiring manager if fingerprints are clear (if applicable).
- Emails hiring manager when applicant is cleared for hire and provides a start date.