Data review should not be a “dumpster dive” into information. We need to be intentional. What questions do you ask when you’re looking at data? The leadership team had some thoughts at their December meeting:
- Where should we focus our attention?
- Why are we seeing a particular trend?
- Are we seeing progress toward our goal?
- What additional data do we need?
- Are we collecting the right data? Is it the highest quality?
- What is the true story behind the data?
As an organization, we have an opportunity to decide how we handle data. We will be working together to develop a more consistent, intentional system across the agency. Discuss with your supervisor what support would be helpful with regard to using data. How do we build capacity as a system to support data reporting from our various tools?